Learning settings Site-wide · saved automatically
Auto-pause at teaching points Pause and show a card when a teaching point plays
Also pause at golden lines Off by default — highlight only
Mark showcase While playing, sketch-pop mark cards beside the subtitle
Collocation marks Blue dashes; hover for meaning
Slang marks Orange dots: slang / colloquial
Grammar marks Purple dots: clauses / asides
Sound marks Green waves: linking / weak forms
Subtitles EN + 中文 English only
My level A2 B1 B2 C1
The story so far Everything you need before watching 中文 EN
Millie shows Guy a clip from another world and asks one favor: say her catchphrase. He will not shout crime o'clock, so the streamer's mum vacuums through the take, and Buddy tries a Thanos snap. Guy then begs Millie to wake: this city is just a game to her, but it is all he has. Fans treat Blue Shirt Guy as an icon. Antwan still refuses: he is not a hacker. He is an NPC.
雷
Revenjamin Buttons game streamer
Read more
Chapters 13 parts · AI-cut 00:00 / 04:41 1× EN + 中文 Golden Teaching
Transcript EN + 中文 English only
00:00 So I'm the only one that ever saw what was on the other side.
所以只有我见过另一边到底是什么样。
00:00 But it's all here, check it out.
但全在这儿了,你看。
00:02 It's pretty cool, actually. It's like a whole other world .
其实挺酷的。就像完全是另一个世界。
00:04 - This is it? This is the game clip? - Yeah, that's it.
- 就这个?这就是游戏片段? - 对,就是这个。
00:07 Can you do one, single, just one solid for me?
你能不能就帮我一个忙,一个就行?
00:10 - One thing, I'll stop asking, okay? - Yeah.
- 就一件事,我保证不再求你,好吗? - 行。
00:11 Just say my catchphrase .
就说一句我的招牌台词。
00:12 My viewers will just banana cream sandwich
我的观众会直接香蕉奶油三明治
00:14 all over themselves if you say it.
糊自己一身,只要你把那句话说出来。
00:15 I love banana cream sandwiches.
我爱香蕉奶油三明治。
00:17 Maybe not this banana cream sandwich.
也许不是这个香蕉奶油三明治。
00:19 Okay, perfect. Okay, so just say, "You know what time it is?"
好,完美。那就说:「你知道现在几点了吗?」
00:21 - You know what time it is? - You know what time it is?
- 你知道现在几点了吗? - 你知道现在几点了吗?
00:23 You know what time it is?
你知道现在几点了吗?
00:25 You know what time it is?
你知道现在几点了吗?
00:26 You know what time it is?
你知道现在几点了吗?
00:27 You know what time it is?
你知道现在几点了吗?
00:28 You know what time it is?
你知道现在几点了吗?
00:30 It's crime o'clock, baby. Yeah.
现在是犯罪点钟,宝贝。耶。
00:32 It's crime o'cl--
现在是犯罪点——
00:33 No, I can't say that. It's not--
不,我不能说那个。那不是——
00:35 Okay. It's all right. I'll say it myself.
好吧。没关系。我自己说。
00:37 - All right, you know what time it is? - No.
- 好了,你知道现在几点了吗? - 不。
00:39 It's crime o'cl-- Mum!
现在是犯罪点——妈!
00:41 Mum! Are you serious with the
妈!你现在是认真的吗,
00:44 You really have to do that here? I'm saying my
你非得在这儿吸吗?我正在说我的
00:46 catchphrase ! Everybody's watching!
招牌台词!大家都在看!
00:48 - God! - You're 22,
- 天哪! - 你都22了,
00:49 living in my house, there is no God!
还住在我家,根本没有上帝!
00:52 Thank you, Mr. Buttons. We're gonna go .
谢谢你,巴顿斯先生。我们得走了。
00:55 No, no, no! No, you gotta kill me.
不,不,不!不,你得杀了我。
00:57 - I'm sorry, what? - You gotta kill me. Please kill me.
- 抱歉,你说什么? - 你得杀了我。求你杀了我。
00:59 Give it to me, Daddy. Give it to me!
给我,爹地。给我!
01:01 No. Please don't do that. Please don't do that.
不。求你别这样。求你别这样。
01:03 We're not gonna hurt anybody. I'm a good guy.
我们不会伤害任何人。我是好人。
01:06 What? What'd you say?
什么?你刚说什么?
01:12 That's like I can taste you, deep.
那感觉像我能尝到你,很深。
01:13 I want your help, Buddy. I don't have the safeword.
我想要你帮忙,巴迪。我没有安全词。
01:17 I know what you want.
我知道你想要什么。
01:22 - They're touching. - Yeah.
- 他们在摸。 - 对。
01:24 I know what you want.
我知道你想要什么。
01:27 You want a little bit of that Free City Itchy Kitty.
你想要点自由城的「痒痒猫」。
01:29 - No. - Uh-huh. Yes, you do.
- 不。 - 嗯哼。你就是想要。
01:31 The way you move, it's almost dirty.
你走路的样子,都快下流了。
01:33 What about a little Thanos Glove...
来一点灭霸手套……
01:34 into a little bit of Thanos Snap?
再来一点灭霸响指,怎么样?
01:38 - Oh. That looked like it hurt. - Yeah, a little bit.
- 噢。看起来挺疼的。 - 对,有一点。
01:40 A little Sunday Drive.
来个周日兜风。
01:41 You have a beautiful home.
你的家真漂亮。
01:43 - Snakey Man? No? No Snakey Man? - Bye, Mr. Buttons.
- 蛇男?不要?不要蛇男? - 再见,巴顿斯先生。
01:46 Come on, give me one snake! Just come on, man.
来嘛,给我一条蛇!拜托了,伙计。
01:49 Mum! Do not touch that sock!
妈!别碰那只袜子!
01:51 I swear to God, if you touch that sock
我对天发誓,你要是碰那只袜子
01:53 you will be in therapy for the rest of your life!
你接下来的人生都得去做心理治疗!
01:55 No! That's my special sock! Put it down!
不!那是我的特殊袜子!放下!
02:05 Please wake up from your standing coma.
求你从站着昏迷里醒过来。
02:08 Look, I know this world is just a game to you
听着,我知道这个世界对你只是个游戏
02:10 and you can come and go , but, to me,
你能来去自如,可对我来说,
02:12 this place, these people, that's all I have.
这个地方,这些人,就是我的全部。
02:15 And if I can help you save it , I wanna do that
如果我能帮你保住它,我愿意
02:17 but you gotta wake up, please.
可你得醒过来,求你了。
02:20 Millie, I'm sorry for running away .
米莉,对不起,我刚才逃走了。
02:24 Oh, that's so scary! It's just terrifying.
噢,太吓人了!简直可怕。
02:28 I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
对不起,对不起。
02:29 Look, you may have started out living in the background , but so did I .
听着,你也许一开始活在背景里,可我也是。
02:32 We're done with that.
那种日子到头了。
02:36 I got you a present.
我给你准备了礼物。
02:38 I didn't have time to wrap it.
我来不及包装。
02:49 They say over a billion NPCs are killed every year.
他们说每年有超过十亿个NPC被杀掉。
02:53 Now, I'm not gonna lie, that's at least 50% my fault.
我不骗你,这至少有一半是我的锅。
02:58 I used to shoot all the secondary characters
我以前会把所有次要角色都射死
03:01 when I was bored, you know?
每当我无聊的时候,你懂吧?
03:03 And then, I'd teabag 'em a little bit.
然后,我还会在他们脸上蹲一下。
03:06 Who the hell even knows who this Blue Shirt Guy is?
到底谁知道这个蓝衬衫盖是谁?
03:09 But I'll tell you this, he's got me thinkin'
但我跟你说,他让我开始琢磨
03:11 about NPCs and how I play the game.
NPC,还有我是怎么玩游戏的。
03:13 The game wasn't even made for someone like this,
这游戏甚至不是为这种人做的,
03:16 for a player to be a good guy.
不是让玩家当好人的。
03:17 He's also a really cute guy.
而且他长得也挺帅。
03:19 And not just the face, you know, like, the whole thing.
不只是脸,你懂的,是整个人。
03:21 And, honestly, it's got me realising,
而且说实话,这让我意识到,
03:24 maybe we've been thinking about NPCs wrong this whole time .
也许我们一直以来都把NPC想错了。
03:26 I think Blue Shirt Guy's like a symbol, you know?
我觉得蓝衬衫盖像一个象征,懂吗?
03:28 Like, maybe people can be whatever they want.
就像,也许人可以成为任何想成为的样子。
03:30 He's like an icon. Is that the right word?
他像一个偶像。这个词对吗?
03:33 Like, he reminds us of what's possible.
他让我们想起什么是可能的。
03:35 Also, he's, like, crazy hot .
而且他,真的,超级性感。
03:36 Oh, my God, totally. I'd hit those pixels hard.
我的天,完全同意。我会狠狠地戳那些像素。
03:39 We should all be more like Blue Shirt Guy.
我们都该多向蓝衬衫盖学学。
03:41 Maybe we just stop the killing.
也许我们该停止杀戮。
03:42 He's dead! You hear me?
他死定了!你听见没有?
03:45 The guy, put him up here.
那个人,把他放到上面来。
03:46 Put him up here on the screen. Put him on the screen.
把他放到屏幕上。放到屏幕上。
03:49 Make me see him. There he is.
让我看见他。在那儿。
03:53 Yes. There he is, the little do-gooder .
对。就是他,那个小好好先生。
03:55 I thought you liked Blue Shirt.
我还以为你喜欢蓝衬衫呢。
03:57 Don't say words to me!
别跟我说话!
03:59 People are so busy watching this loser on Twitch and YouTube.
大家都忙着在Twitch和YouTube上看这个废物。
04:02 You know what they're not doing, guys?
你们知道他们没在干什么吗,伙计们?
04:03 Buying Free City 2.
买《自由城2》。
04:04 - Pre-sales are down 16%. - 60.
- 预售跌了16%。 - 60。
04:08 Oh, we are 48 hours from launch.
噢,离上线只剩48小时了。
04:12 Yeah, he's gone viral .
对,他已经爆红了。
04:13 Yeah, a virus that's giving me ass and ball cancer at the same time !
对,一种让我同时得上屁癌和蛋癌的病毒!
04:20 You know, this whole good guy routine,
你们知道吗,这套做好人的戏码,
04:21 it is a bad influence , and is bad for the franchise.
是坏影响,对这个系列也没好处。
04:24 I want him gone . I don't care who it is, boot him .
我要他消失。不管是谁,把他踢掉。
04:29 Oh, I'm sorry, what?
哦,抱歉,你说什么?
04:32 Because he's not a hacker , Antwan. He's an NPC.
因为他不是黑客,安特万。他是NPC。
04:35 You're tryin' to tell me that all this shit
你是想告诉我,这些破烂事儿
04:37 about a self-aware NPC is real?
一个有自我意识的NPC,是真的?
04:39 Yeah. I don't know how or why, but he's real.
对。我不知道怎么回事、为什么,但他是真的。
Language points Click a card to jump to its moment in the video All 39 Collocation 18 Grammar 6 Pronunciation 8 Slang 7
Collocation B1 ↩ 00:02
a whole other world
a whole other world
完全另一个世界
It's pretty cool, actually. It's like a whole other world .
其实挺酷的。就像完全是另一个世界。
Collocation B2 ↩ 00:07
do someone a solid
do someone a solid
帮一个忙、卖个人情
这里 solid=人情,不是固体
Can you do one, single, just one solid for me?
你能不能就帮我一个忙,一个就行?
Pronunciation ↩ 00:07
one solid for
solid for 的 d 和下一个 f 贴着走
Can you do one, single, just one solid for me?
你能不能就帮我一个忙,一个就行?
Slang B1 ↩ 00:11
catchphrase
招牌台词、口头禅——娱乐圈和主播常用,偏口语
Just say my catchphrase .
就说一句我的招牌台词。
Collocation B2 ↩ 00:14
all over someone
all over someone
忍不住失控、糊自己一身
这里是下流玩笑:观众会激动到失控
all over themselves if you say it.
糊自己一身,只要你把那句话说出来。
Pronunciation ↩ 00:52
We're gonna go
going to 缩成 gonna,go 轻轻带过
Thank you, Mr. Buttons. We're gonna go .
谢谢你,巴顿斯先生。我们得走了。
Pronunciation ↩ 00:55
gotta kill me
got to 吞成 gotta,重音在 kill
No, no, no! No, you gotta kill me.
不,不,不!不,你得杀了我。
Collocation A2 ↩ 01:27
a little bit of something
a little bit of something
来一点某物
You want a little bit of that Free City Itchy Kitty.
你想要点自由城的「痒痒猫」。
Collocation A2 ↩ 01:53
the rest of something
the rest of something
其余的 / 接下来的
you will be in therapy for the rest of your life!
你接下来的人生都得去做心理治疗!
Collocation B1 ↩ 01:53
in therapy
in therapy
在做心理治疗
you will be in therapy for the rest of your life!
你接下来的人生都得去做心理治疗!
Grammar B1 ↩ 01:53
for the rest of your life
时长状语:for the rest of + 时间:从现在起到那件事结束,这里是余生。
you will be in therapy for the rest of your life!
你接下来的人生都得去做心理治疗!
Pronunciation ↩ 01:53
the rest of
of 弱读成 /əv/,rest of 连成一串
you will be in therapy for the rest of your life!
你接下来的人生都得去做心理治疗!
Collocation A2 ↩ 02:05
wake up from something
wake up from something
从某种状态里醒过来
Please wake up from your standing coma.
求你从站着昏迷里醒过来。
Collocation A2 ↩ 02:10
come and go
come and go
来去自由、说来就来
and you can come and go , but, to me,
你能来去自如,可对我来说,
Pronunciation ↩ 02:10
come and go
come and 连读,and 弱成 /ən/
and you can come and go , but, to me,
你能来去自如,可对我来说,
Grammar B1 ↩ 02:15
if I can help you save it
条件从句:if 条件在前,主句 I wanna do that 是愿意帮忙的结果。
And if I can help you save it , I wanna do that
如果我能帮你保住它,我愿意
Slang A2 ↩ 02:17
gotta
必须、得(have got to)——口语缩约,写作写 have to
but you gotta wake up, please.
可你得醒过来,求你了。
Collocation A2 ↩ 02:20
run away
run away
逃走、躲开
Millie, I'm sorry for running away .
米莉,对不起,我刚才逃走了。
Collocation B1 ↩ 02:29
start out
start out
一开始是、起步时
Look, you may have started out living in the background , but so did I .
听着,你也许一开始活在背景里,可我也是。
Collocation B1 ↩ 02:29
in the background
in the background
在背景里、当路人
Look, you may have started out living in the background , but so did I .
听着,你也许一开始活在背景里,可我也是。
Grammar B1 ↩ 02:29
but so did I
倒装省略:so did I = 我也是这样。用 so + 助动词 + 主语,避免整句重复。
Look, you may have started out living in the background , but so did I .
听着,你也许一开始活在背景里,可我也是。
Collocation B1 ↩ 02:58
secondary characters
secondary characters
次要角色
I used to shoot all the secondary characters
我以前会把所有次要角色都射死
Grammar B2 ↩ 03:03
I'd teabag 'em
过去习惯:would + 动词原形讲过去反复做的坏习惯,等于 used to。
And then, I'd teabag 'em a little bit.
然后,我还会在他们脸上蹲一下。
Slang C1 ↩ 03:03
teabag
蹲脸嘲讽——游戏黑话,下流羞辱,正式别用
And then, I'd teabag 'em a little bit.
然后,我还会在他们脸上蹲一下。
Slang B1 ↩ 03:06
the hell
到底、究竟——加强语气的脏话,会上别用
Who the hell even knows who this Blue Shirt Guy is?
到底谁知道这个蓝衬衫盖是谁?
Collocation B1 ↩ 03:24
this whole time
this whole time
一直以来、从头到尾
maybe we've been thinking about NPCs wrong this whole time .
也许我们一直以来都把NPC想错了。
Grammar B2 ↩ 03:24
we've been thinking
现在完成进行:have been thinking 表示从过去一直错想到现在,还没停。
maybe we've been thinking about NPCs wrong this whole time .
也许我们一直以来都把NPC想错了。
Slang B1 ↩ 03:35
crazy hot
超级性感——熟人夸外貌,正式场合别用
Also, he's, like, crazy hot .
而且他,真的,超级性感。
Slang B2 ↩ 03:53
do-gooder
滥好人、好好先生——带刺夸人,嫌对方爱做好事
Yes. There he is, the little do-gooder .
对。就是他,那个小好好先生。
Collocation B1 ↩ 04:12
go viral
go viral
在网上爆红
Yeah, he's gone viral .
对,他已经爆红了。
Pronunciation ↩ 04:12
gone viral
viral 落重音,gone 轻轻带
Yeah, he's gone viral .
对,他已经爆红了。
Collocation A2 ↩ 04:13
at the same time
at the same time
同时
Yeah, a virus that's giving me ass and ball cancer at the same time !
对,一种让我同时得上屁癌和蛋癌的病毒!
Collocation A2 ↩ 04:21
a bad influence
a bad influence
坏影响
it is a bad influence , and is bad for the franchise.
是坏影响,对这个系列也没好处。
Collocation B1 ↩ 04:24
boot someone
boot someone
把人踢掉、封号
I want him gone . I don't care who it is, boot him .
我要他消失。不管是谁,把他踢掉。
Pronunciation ↩ 04:24
want him gone
want him 的 t 常被吞,听成 wan-im
I want him gone . I don't care who it is, boot him .
我要他消失。不管是谁,把他踢掉。
Grammar A2 ↩ 04:32
Because he's not a hacker
原因从句:Because 直接回答 Why not:踢不掉他,因为他根本不是黑客。
Because he's not a hacker , Antwan. He's an NPC.
因为他不是黑客,安特万。他是NPC。
Pronunciation ↩ 04:32
not a hacker
not a 的 t 在元音间常打成弹舌
Because he's not a hacker , Antwan. He's an NPC.
因为他不是黑客,安特万。他是NPC。
Slang B1 ↩ 04:35
shit
破烂事儿、废话——脏话统称讨厌的事,正式改用 stuff
You're tryin' to tell me that all this shit
你是想告诉我,这些破烂事儿
Collocation B2 ↩ 04:37
self-aware
self-aware
有自我意识的
about a self-aware NPC is real?
一个有自我意识的NPC,是真的?
Teaching points Review right after watching My level A2 B1 B2 C1
above my level Idiom B2 ↩ 00:00
do someone a solid 帮某人一个忙
In the scene 主播求盖只帮一个忙:把招牌台词念出来。
Can you do me a solid and pick up the kids?你能不能帮我个忙,把孩子接回来?
In daily life 求代班 Do me a solid and cover Friday night. 帮我个忙,周五晚顶一下班。
above my level Pun B2 ↩ 00:00
crime o'clock 犯罪点钟(双关)
In the scene 主播的招牌台词,拿几点钟开玩笑:现在是犯罪时间。
Put on the headset. It's raid o'clock.戴上耳机。现在是开团点钟。
In daily life 催开工 Coffee's ready. It's deadline o'clock. 咖啡好了。现在是赶工点钟。
above my level Idiom B2 ↩ 00:00
standing coma 站着却像昏迷
In the scene 盖求米莉别再神游:人站在这儿,心却不在游戏里。
Stop scrolling. You're in a standing coma at your desk.别再刷了。你在工位上站着昏迷。
In daily life 开会走神 You sat through the meeting in a standing coma. 你整场会都像站着昏迷。
auto-pauses Idiom B1 ↩ 00:00
go viral 在网上爆红
In the scene 员工汇报:蓝衬衫盖已经在全网传开了。
Her cooking video went viral overnight.她的做饭视频一夜爆红。
In daily life 追热搜 Don't post that. It could go viral for the wrong reason. 别发。它可能因为错误原因爆红。
above my level Irony B2 ↩ 00:00
i thought you liked 我还以为你喜欢
In the scene 员工反讽安特万:你不是挺吃蓝衬衫这套的吗,现在却要弄死他。
I thought you liked remote work. Now you want everyone back.我还以为你喜欢远程办公。现在又要把人召回。
In daily life 揭穿变卦 I thought you liked spicy food. You're sweating. 我还以为你爱吃辣。你在冒汗。
above my level Swearing C1 ↩ 00:00
ass and ball cancer 脏骂:屁癌蛋癌
In the scene 安特万把爆红说成真病毒,脏话发泄销量被毁的火气。
Skip the body-part curses at work; say this launch is killing me instead.上班别骂身体部位,改说这次上线快把我折磨死。
In daily life 改口抱怨 This delay is killing me, and I am keeping it clean. 这次延期快把我折磨死,但我把话说干净。
auto-pauses Phrasal verb B1 ↩ 00:00
boot someone 把人踢掉/封号
In the scene 安特万下令:不管是谁,把蓝衬衫盖从游戏里踢出去。
If he keeps trolling, boot him from the server.他还捣乱就把他从服务器踢掉。
In daily life 会议清人 Boot him from the call if he talks over people. 他再抢话就把他踢出会议。
above my level Slang C1 ↩ 00:00
teabag 蹲脸嘲讽
In the scene 主播忏悔:以前杀了次要角色还会在尸体上蹲一下羞辱。
Don't teabag in ranked. You'll get reported.排位里别蹲脸。你会被举报。
In daily life 劝游戏 Win clean. No teabagging after the last kill. 赢得干净。别在最后一杀后蹲脸。
Golden lines A great line in its own right — why and how to use it “Because he's not a hacker, Antwan. He's an NPC.”
因为他不是黑客,安特万。他是NPC。
Why it's great
一刀切开误解:盖不是外挂玩家,是游戏里自己活过来的人。
Pattern
he's not X, he's Y
When to use
纠正别人认错身份或职责时用。
Similar
He's not a guest. He's the owner. / She's not an intern. She's the lead.
Shadowing tip
not 和 NPC 加重,Antwan 稍顿
Use it yourself
纠正同事 He's not a freelancer, Marta. He's on payroll. 他不是外包,玛尔塔。他是正式员工。
◈ Create share poster ↩ 04:32
“you will be in therapy for the rest of your life!”
你接下来的人生都得去做心理治疗!
Why it's great
用 the rest of your life 把碰袜子夸成终身创伤,又狠又滑稽。
Pattern
for the rest of your life
When to use
夸张警告:这件事会烦你很久,或真的改变余生。
Similar
You'll regret this for the rest of your life. / I could listen to that for the rest of my life.
Shadowing tip
rest 拉长,life 落重音往上扬
Use it yourself
警告室友 If you eat my leftovers, you will hear about it for the rest of your life. 你要是吃我剩菜,你余生都会被我念叨。
◈ Create share poster ↩ 01:53
“this place, these people, that's all I have.”
这个地方,这些人,就是我的全部。
Why it's great
短列举把一座假城市说成真家,恳切而不喊口号。
Pattern
this place, that's all I have
When to use
说明某座城、某份工作或某群人对你不可替代。
Similar
This job, these people, that's all I've got. / This town is all I have.
Shadowing tip
place、people 并列停顿,all 加重
Use it yourself
留住团队 This desk, these people, that's all I have right now. 这张桌子,这帮人,就是我现在的全部。
◈ Create share poster ↩ 02:12
Monologue One character carrying the scene — shadow the whole passage ❝ 盖求米莉醒来 ↩ 02:03
Millie, please. Please wake up from your standing coma. Look, I know this world is just a game to you and you can come and go, but, to me, this place, these people, that's all I have. And if I can help you save it, I wanna do that but you gotta wake up, please.
米莉,求你。 求你从站着昏迷里醒过来。 听着,我知道这个世界对你只是个游戏 你能来去自如,可对我来说, 这个地方,这些人,就是我的全部。 如果我能帮你保住它,我愿意 可你得醒过来,求你了。
Takeaways What you walk away with Use the rest of for what remains Hear do someone a solid as a favor Know go viral means spreading online Tell a hacker from an NPC
People also search Questions, then the lines What does the rest of mean in for the rest of your life? It means everything that remains. For the rest of your life is the rest of your days.
How do you translate He's not a hacker, he's an NPC? Guy is not a cheating player. He is a non-player character, so you cannot boot an account.
What does do someone a solid mean? It means do someone a favor. The streamer wants Guy to say one catchphrase.
Is gone viral the same as a virus here? No. Gone viral means the clip spread. Antwan twists it into a crude disease joke.
What does boot him mean in a game? Kick or ban someone. Antwan wants Blue Shirt Guy removed, but an NPC has no account.